Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A new friend

I made a new friend this week. His name is Sirefef and he is a big jerk.

On tuesday, my computer acquired the sirefef virus. I'm not at risk of losing any data - I back up my files to an external drive regularly to safeguard against just such a thing, and the drive was not powered on or even connected to my machine at the time, but my working computer is likely to out of commission for a few days as I work through the issue with tech support, as if my update this week wasn't already slow enough.

Sorry for the delays, and thanks for understanding. Although I can't get to the files to show you right now I've just finished rewriting the overworld code to allow for time of day lighting adjustments. The same code should be easily portable to local area exploration.


As an aside, be very careful when updating your web browser's flash player. The virus was disguised as a flash player update and that's how I aquired it.

No comments:

Post a Comment